Specialties: Writer • editor • digital media strategy • digital marketing • compelling content creation and direction • community management • social media expert • creative concepting • author • speaker • brand management and strategy • pop culture • lifestyle • tech • B2B/B2C • User Experience • WordPress • Webmaster Tools • Google Analytics • content marketing • training • team building • mentoring • CMS, both custom and otherwise • luxury marketing •SEO optimization • photo research •fact-checking • copy editing •research •market work • interviewing • video and radio • creative direction •
Brenda Della Casa is a writer, digital media expert, journalist and founder with over 17 years in editorial and digital technology.
She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Badass + Living, a global women’s media site published by her company BDC Digital Media, LLC, the former editor-in-chief and digital media strategist for Preston Bailey Designs (for whom she built an organic following of over 250,000), and a consultant for a number of international brands. Additionally, she is the internationally-published author of Cinderella Was a Liar (McGraw-Hill) and a featured writer for The Huffington Post, YourTango and others.
An expert on User Experience, branding, new media, user acquisition, content creation and strategy and community management, she regularly speaks and teaches digital media creation and strategy to a global audience through articles, BDC Digital Media, LLC and the PB Protege Program.
She is also the founder and director of two mentorship programs. Prior to working for Preston Bailey, Brenda was the co-founder and editor-in-chief of I Am Staggered USA, the US side of the #1 men’s wedding website in the UK (1M Uniques). She has a proven track record of producing engaging content that leads to organic growth and boosts the ROI as well as the ability to move various social media platforms in a synergistic way that is respectful to each brand.
As a writer, Brenda has written and provided advice for some of the most well-known publications in the world, including The White House, Men’s Health, Cosmopolitan, FHM, Bliss, Scarlet, DIVAlicious, Redbook, Glamour, Woman’s Day, Divalicious, Men’s Health, The Mirror, iVillage,com, and others. Her articles have a combined share of over 300,000 in the past 2 years.
Brenda is a graduate of The American University in Washington, D.C.school of Journalism and P.O.T.U.S-appointed Intern for President William Jefferson Clinton. She currently lives in London after receiving the Tech Nation Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa for digital media.
Email Brenda@BDCDigitalMedia.com for more information.
Signed with Waxman Leavell Literary Agency and Speakers Corner.
Brenda Della Casa | CV
Digital-native writer, editor, author, founder and strategist with a focus on growth tactics that preserve audience loyalty and increase engagement. 2016 recipient of the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa.
BDC Digital Media, LLC-Branding, Digital Media, Writing and Community Management [2012-Present]
- Conceptualises and creates relevant, engaging and effective SEO-friendly content that works to amplify brands and increase optimization.
- Shapes and drives marketing innovation with the goal of increasing revenue and improving the ROI.
- Implements and designs social media platforms, writes and manages content with a focus on increasing engagement, shares and followers while achieving marketing and sales goals.
- Leads creative direction on all branding, marketing, editorial, platform management and PR efforts.
- Guides the development, creation, and launch of an interactive, vibrant, engaging and user-friendly website.
- Helps brand owners identify their voice and use it in a way that increases brand amplification and optimizes User Experience to drive short and long-term success.
- Runs branding and digital media workshops for entrepreneurs and teams which help to identify, develop and communicate with their target market. Designs and delivers customized content training programs for clients.
- Assists with audience insight and use data and analytics to build a curated strategy.
- Leads teams across all departments and sets clear objectives whilst prioritizing deliverables.
- Creates and manages editorial calendars to proactively keep content useful and relevant.
- Guides business owners in driving the evolution of their efforts to monetize their growing digital audience.
- Uses analytics and other evaluation tools to help measure the impact of strategies.
- Uses WordPress, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights Manager consistently.
- Guides business owners in the development of a brand-specific, editorially vibrant social media content that is engaging, informative and effective in meeting aggressive traffic goals.
- Uses vast network of diverse editorial and media contacts to boost PR and media coverage.
Preston Bailey Designs- Editor-in-chief, Writer, Branding and Digital Media Strategist [2012-2016]
- Created and directed all branding, content, media, marketing and digital strategy for PBD.
- Successfully created and strategized social media content that consistently exceeded aggressive traffic goals. Initiated and quadrupled organic growth to over 250,000 in 2.5 years by monitoring, analyzing and reacting to evolving consumer behavior.
- Conceptualised and wrote content from brainstorm to deployment–improving ideas, sourcing art, scheduling posts, promotions on newsletters and social media platforms.
- Used a complex CMS system to publish a high volume of daily content.
- Executive member of the PB licensing team. Created pitch books and was an active participant in meetings with brands such as The St. Regis Hotel and Swarovski.
- Managed a team of freelancers, videographers, developers, designers and creatives in an agile work environment.
- Discovered and tackled viral trends and use data to shape content that built the brand and acquired and retained followers and clients.
- Led packages/content strategy around calendar events, magazine stories, features, and identifies content areas currently underserved by PBD. Ghostwriter for Preston Bailey.
- Secured high-quality content with high-profile influencers.
- Executive role in the development of the PB Protégé Programme, Preston’s global education platform. Delivered branding and digital media workshops for entrepreneurs and teams which helped to identify, develop and communicate with their target market.
- Created and managed branded content campaigns from presale to execution, including refining story ideas, assigning and managing freelance writers and editing stories. Leads efforts with outside editorial teams.
- Shaped and drove marketing innovation which was successful in achieving the goal of increasing revenue and improving the ROI.
- Covered high-profile fashion and celebrity events on behalf of the brand.
- Co-editor and creative director for Preston’s sixth book, Designing With Flowers.
Badass + Living Magazine-Founder and Editor-in-chief and co-designer 
- Manages a team of 25+ contributors in five countries. Assigns stories, features, fashion show coverage and video footage.
- Conceptualises content and organizes in a full-scale editorial calendar.
- Oversee story packages/content strategy around calendar events, magazine stories, features, and identifies content areas currently underserved by the women’s media site market.
- Leads and manages all A-B testing.
- Key player in the design and development of the site.
- Leveraged CDN to ensure the website delivery is fast and reduced bandwidth, lowering bandwidth charges.
- Uses a CMS to publish a high volume of daily content including, blogs, features, social media posts and weekly newsletters.
- Sole writer for all press releases, marketing materials and interviews for all outside print and online publications.
- Shape and drive marketing innovation with the goal of increasing revenue and driving improved ROI.
- Secure high-quality, on-brand content with relevant and high-profile influencers from bloggers to press – national and international – and seeds this through social media and other marketing channels.
- Create and lead all B+L, media strategy and promotion. Provides company-wide consultancy for social media, editorial, and PR.
- Develops and delivers training workshops for new media creation and strategy.
- Founder of the Badass + Living/BDC Digital Media mentorship program for young media professionals.
- Manage a team of freelance editors, content contributors and interns nurturing growth and obtaining new talent as needed.
- Plans and executes multi-platform reported coverage of red carpets, runway shows, front rows, and other live events on the beat.
I AM STAGGERED, USA, Co-founder, writer and editor-in-chief [2008-2012]
- Key player in the development and design of the I Am Staggered USA website.
- Lead digital strategist for the website and all social media platforms.
- Led all A-B testing.
- Led the team’s daily charge—assigning, editing, and writing stories and work-shopping headlines.
- Wrote in-depth features, listicles, and social media content.
- Developed a stable of 30 + top-notch, international writers for both print and digital that contributed on both long-lead and short-lead deadlines.
- Used traffic data and social-media feedback to optimize performance and maintain consistent growth.
- Created, edited and published compelling and brand-specific online content for I Am Staggered, USA in partnership with I Am Staggered UK.
- Managed designers, developers, and creatives.
- Managed branded content campaigns from presale to execution, including refining story ideas, assigning and managing freelance writers and editing stories.
- Responsible for the conception, implementation, and editing of story ideas and the assignment of articles to six junior staff and freelancers.
- Worked strategically and diligently on search optimization through the use of keywords, tagging and partnerships.
- Oversaw the daily mix of content including 25 weekly news stories, all social media, and all slideshows, press releases, weekly newsletter.
- Worked closely with Sales & Advertising team on sales leads and designing ads.
- Developed and carried out traffic-generating content and SEO strategies.
and regulated departmental deadlines for various launches.
- Coordinated content integration with third-party content partnerships.
- Worked closely with Huffington Post and other sites for content-sharing.
- Media face and voice for Staggered, USA (Print, online, radio and television).
- Planned and coordinated special events and special event coverage.
Blogging and Editorial
- YourTango, Regular Contributor (100,000 + shares)
- The Huffington Post, Fearless Blogger (100,000 + shares)
- Thought Catalog, Regular Contributor
- Glamour, Regular Contributor
Beta to Badass, Author- Waxman Leavell 2017
Cinderella Was a Liar, Author- McGraw-Hill 2007
Look at My Striped Shirt, Co-Author- Random House 2007
Education: The American University, 2000 Major: Journalism | Minor: Marketing, B.A. Internship: The White House, P.O.T.U.S Clinton